Friday, October 16, 2009

Katelyn Says, “It’s Cool to Stay in School . . .”

I think that everybody should have to go to school. They should want to make something out of themselves. So, I believe that students should not have the right to choose if they want to go to school or not go to school. They should NOT be allowed to quit school, period. They should have to go so they can learn the basic things (like reading and writing, basic math, social studies and science). Nowadays, you need a high school diploma or a college degree, and sometimes even that is not enough to make it! Some people quit school, and they are working at a fast food place. They have seen the pay checks and realized if they had stayed in school and studied they could be making a lot more money.

I thought I wanted to quit school, but these days, everything costs so much money, and the way I like to spend money to buy clothes, make up and a whole bunch of other things, I cannot afford to quit school. I believe that if you do not get your GED or a high school diploma, you will not be able to earn the things you want in life.

2 comments:

  1. This post was well thought. You are absolutely correct it is difficult to make a living even with a college degree. I agree with you no one should be able to quit school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right that an education is one's passport to the future. I agree that students should not be allowed to quit school. We should focus more on improving school so that it is more fun and engaging. Often times students who quit school do so because they don't have any one in their lives who is nurturing and supporting them and encouraging them to apply themselves. But I have also seen students who don't have any support at home but still find it within themselves to be disciplined and work hard in school. So I think ultimately, each and every one of us has the power within ourselves to overcome any obstacle and achieve success.

    I'm glad that you are focused on continuing your education. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete